Mar 9, 2012

20/20 Vision

I've always had 20/20 vision, but over the past few months I had noticed myself having trouble reading small type and focusing on things like intersecting lines meeting when I was designing/drawing. All of this seemed to be multiplied if I was tired or if I was working for long periods of time. Anyway, it turns out I could benefit from some really low strength glasses for reading and working.

A friend of mine had told me about Holloway Eyewear and told me he knew the guy who ran it. Anyway, I ended up getting a pair. They make their frames from a lot of things, including old guitars, skateboards, driftwood and sometimes really nice, limited Australian timbers. They primarily make sunglasses, but they can fit lenses. Everything is made by hand, in a Brisbane warehouse by a handfull of great people. Do yourself a favour and get something a little more unique than frames from SpecSavers or the RayBans every other person is wearing. Hopefully I'll be doing some work with these guys soon, too. So watch out!




These are the Owl frames, with fitted prescription lenses. Natural front with black arms. The glasses come in a custom made soft case, which is crafted from Italian Suede with a hand fitted leather strap. All glasses are machine cut, then shaped and refined by hand. For more info and to get your own pair check out: www.hollowayeyewear.com.au