Feb 10, 2012

Screaming Gets You Nothing

So as I posted about before, Give Up The Ghost/American Nightmare (whatever name you want to call them) did some shows at the end of last year, including what would have been the greatest New Years Eve in LA. To accompany these shows and the band (maybe) doing some things again, Deathwish reissued the 'Background Music' and 'We're Down Til We're Underground' LPs on both standard and 180gram versions. They came with re-vamped packaging and in gatefold. I'm not 100% sure but I think the tracks were also remastered/tweeked for this. 'Background Music' is one of my favourite records, and what I think is pretty well close to a perfect record, I'd quite like to own the first pressing (just because the name change annoys me) but until then this will grace my turntable.