Aug 16, 2011

Gafas Del Rigor: Part 1

I came across this little DIY Cassette label by the name of Gafas Del Rigor when I saw they co-released the PLANKS discography tape with my friend Kurt's label Nerdcore. I believe it is a solo operation run out of Germany, I made an order for whatever they had when I looked at how amazing their work is. If you're into DIY tapes, this is like some kind of heaven.



After a few emails to see if they had any of the PLANKS tapes left (which there were unfortunately not) I ended up ordering a bit of a mystery package. I got the three above items as well as some bonus stuff, which included a German copy of a Beavis & Butthead comicbook, a bunch of stickers and two other tapes. I will post about these later.




The first of the three releases is this. A cheated 3inch record pressed on a CD. This is an Israel tour release from 2010 of the Dead Hand / Pissed Guts split, there were 50 copies made. I actually have no idea about this, I am not even sure how to play it or what it is. The packaging and whole presentation is amazing as always.



The next item is a discography tape entitled Epitaph by MANS from the USA. It is limited to 50 copies. This is the one band from this order I had heard. They're a cool post/hardcore band with a lot of higher vocals. I suck at describing bands.





This tape is quite elaborate, it comes in a brown outer cover, with a paper box inside, which holds the tape and a covering band which holds the insert. Everything is really intricate and super cool. I feel like a massive nerd here, however this is stuff you just don't see anymore.



Finally we have another discography tape by Germany's TELEKOLLEG. I'm actually really glad I stumbled across this band. Dark hardcore from Germany. I really like this release as a whole. Again, the tape is super cool and all hand made. This release is limited to 100 copies and it is made up of a yellow tape with a half paper cover. Under this you find a band which holds a fold out insert which contains all the information/lyrics etc.